Monday, May 14, 2012

Inspirational Skateboarder Oscar Loreto Jr. Featured in Rise Above

We can all learn a lesson about perseverance and determination from 25-year-old skateboarder Oscar Loreto Jr. He was born with a congenital birth defect and as a result he is without a left foot, left hand, and four fingers on his right hand.

Oscar speaks openly about his mindset and challenges when skateboarding, "Throughout my whole life, whatever negative thought I had, I've always tried to convert it and make it a positive to motivate me...I think I've learned tricks as every other skater but there's definitely some minor tweaks I have to do because of the prosthetic."

Oscar's journey into skateboarding is documented in Rise Above, an inspiring new series on the RIDEChannel, showcasing athletes in action sports who have overcome major setbacks including disabilities, addictions, and more to persevere in life.

Source: http://www.grindtv.com/skate/blog/33439/inspirational+skateboarder+oscar+loreto+jr+featured+in+rise+above/

mike vallely

No comments:

Post a Comment